Monday, February 18, 2008

Ink Traveler's convention

Just got back from the Vancouver, WA Ink Traveler's tattoo convention. It was awesome! I got to see Todd, and Sean, and the crew at Imperial...I hung out with Cain and Will from spiderr Monkey a bit...and Pedro and Tim from Optic Nerve. I also got the opportunity to try out the neuma machines, thanks to my new friends at Sideshow Tattoos. I watched Desta from Adorn pound some jello shots, Erich won best flash, Splat won best tribal, it was an awesome weekend all round...then of course crab shack on sunday night...

On Friday I did a really fun tattoo on Levi, who is a really cool kid and awesome client. On sunday I used the nuemas to do a tiny piece on Sean. I sold some art.,..I didn't work too much or make much money, but I had such a great time...I was being lazy haha

Here are some pictures, for you to enjoy...click read more to see them.

Photobucket

my client with his new tattoo.

Photobucket

a closeup.

Photobucket
sean asks nick if the turtle is leonardo or donatello?

Photobucket
tod at imperial.

Photobucket

rion from buddha trying to look suave

Photobucket
some guys watching some guy tattoo

Photobucket
cain from spider monkey, with the lovely nanichan

Photobucket
julie at the spider monkey booth waiting on will

Photobucket
using a neuma

Photobucket
really sweating over using a neuma

Photobucket
the friend tattoo I did with them, on sean

Photobucket
travis working on a kickass pinup girl tattoo

Photobucket
hangin with a friend

Photobucket
erich had lyle sign something for him

Photobucket
optic nerve uses a titlist, too

Photobucket
todd hiding behind crab nacho signs

5 comments:

Samantha said...

I think chump is very suiting for Sean hahaha. Glad you had fun!! What the hell is a neuma???

Ivy said...

oh my gosh, i was there too! the air setup was awesome, but they said the tank+compressor alone was 2k. nuts. what shop are you from? (found your page searching for will bodnar, who will be doing my next tat in late march. cheers! -ivy-

resonanteye said...

ivy- my work is at hppink.com

Unknown said...

This year's show is coming up, I'll post some pics after over at http://resonanteye.com ,the new blog, for you guys.

Roulette Bets said...

Clearly, thanks for an explanation.